Friday, May 28, 2010

Chivas Brothers Aberdeen

will work for you! Letter

A Pedara, 30 and May 31 are, as in many countries of the hinterland of Catania, elections for local government. We are therefore at the end of the campaign. My little house for the post, like all the pedaresi was engulfed in these days of "holy" election leaflets, letters etc.. We read everything. One, for example, after inviting me to give my preference, I thank you "with kindness and deep respect." Nor do we know! Likely that, if I deeply esteem without even knowing who they are, if I will meet at least go to bed with me. Another, he tells me to be married, have two children, living in a house owned and lead a normal life, without another word. Features all essential to a good public administrator. In four, there are even encouraged to contact me personally. The first, which I know for a long time, I call to ask for applications for the UDC. The call takes place more or less like this:


DRIIIIIIN (Riiiiiiing really was not. The phones are no longer driiin.)

IO - ready

ARMANDO - Hello Paul, Armando, how are you?

IO - Armando hello, what good wind?

ARMANDO - I called to tell you that since I am organizing the list for the election of Pedara on behalf of the UDC, I'd love to have you as a candidate.

IO - thank you for thinking of me, but my political views are a bit 'different from those of the UDC. Furthermore, you supported the candidacy of Laudani! No way really.

ARMANDO - but what have policy positions. There are local elections, we vote for people.

IO - will be, but if you support a candidate for mayor as a symbol of one who wrote in great evidence, BERLUSCONI, "surely must mean something right? And then two things are. Or share the policy of this gentleman and then you can not get my vote, much less ask a candidate, or you do simply for the convenience that you want to be kind, is even more disgraceful and you can not ask them my vote nor the application!

ARMANDO - okay, I give up. Anyway I'll call you to ask the vote.

IO - and the! You can call anytime, but you know right now that I will vote no.

few days later, on returning home, I find the front gate Pippo, who comes to ask for his vote. We stopped to talk a bit 'of this and that and tell him about the phone call with Armando express my opposition to the insistence although I had told him that I had no intention of supporting the candidacy "Laudani. And he says: "What Laudani! Those entered in the coalition that supports the candidacy of Barbagallo. And I said, 'What?? How ... when ... why? "" Yes yes, the closure of the lists, they understood that from that party had high hopes, and have decided to join the coalition Barbagallo. I remain baffled. So much for consistency. Of course, exchange ideas, reform, may be a sign of maturity, but not so. So it seems only (and probably is) dirty power hungry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment